March 28, 2010

Dogs and Frogs

Happy birthday to Katie, who turned eight this past week! We had a fabulous bday party in The Dog Course, complete with balloons, presents and, of course, cupcakes.

I was kind of short on time, so these are just from a box mix. They tasted ok. They're all human grade, but the ones with the biscuits were for the dogs. After Katie ate her cupcake, she snagged the paper off the table and ate that too. (More bday photos on my Flickr page.) Personally, my favorite thing about the cupcakes was transporting them in the nifty carrier I bought especially for the occasion. I may go on a cupcake-making binge just so that I have more excuses to use it.

I am far LESS enthusiastic about the gloves I've been knitting for A. The pattern is unnecessarily complicated at times. And the sizing is weird between the thumb gusset, which seems to be sized for a smallish hand, and then the hand and fingers, which are ginormous. I spent the morning fiddling with the fingers which, as written, were at least an inch too long. I guess part of the problem could be that I'm not using the yarn called for in the pattern, but I am using another worsted weight yarn (Cascade 220 Heathers, which I really like), so I shouldn't be that off, right?


1 comment:

Rima said...

Happy Birthday! I love cupcakes too!