May 9, 2010

The weather could have been warmer for Mother's Day


We're still having frost warnings here in eastern PA. :( Normally, we wait to plant warm weather stuff until after Mother's Day, but temps might dip below freezing tonight. We just finished bringing in plants in from the porch.

Even so, bright and early tomorrow morning I'm meeting H. at Leiser's to rent a tiller and then head out to the garden. Classes ended last week, and I'm taking ONE day off for gardening before I turn my attention to grading and all the other things that demand my attention at the end of term. It might be too cold to do much planting, but we can at least get the ground ready. We do have some things up already including asparagus and lettuce.

In spite of the chilly temps, I was able to pick these lovely bunches of parsley and mint from my herb garden at home.

I used them to make some Tabouli, which I brought to my in-laws for dinner. My MIL really likes handknitted cotton dishcloths, so I made her this one to add to her collection.

No comments: