November 5, 2006

Fetching

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you tell which thing is not like the other,
Before I finish my song?

I inadvertantly left out 4 rib rows above the thumb of the left-hand and didn't discover it until I was nearly finished with the right hand and I thought, hm. . . . something's different. DUH. I considered whether or not to go back and fix my mistake, or perhaps try to start a new fashion trend of wearing differently sized fingerless gloves kind of like those Camper shoes called "Twins" but they don't match? But I had more yarn on hand, so in the end I submitted to convention and just made myself a new left-hand. Here's the finished pair--left and right both the same size:

I do love this pattern. The gloves are sooooo warm. Perfect attire for sitting at the computer or reading. And stylish to boot (or would it be to glove?)!

1 comment:

cauchy09 said...

Yay, congrats! They look quite fetching. We're now glove twins...