November 27, 2009

Hand Warm-y Thoughts

I've been preoccupied lately with knitting mittens (and other hand warm-y type projects). This is a photo of some things in my gift stash. Clockwise from the top right are Sue Coffin's Fingerless Mittens (from 101 OS Wonders), Eli Stubenrach's Herringbone Mittens (on Ravelry),
Robin Melanson's Jack-in-the-Box Mittens (from Knitting New Mittens and Gloves), Diane Soucy's Super Fast, Super Bulky Mittens, and creativeyarn's Mohair Handwarmers.

And then this week I've been working on Welig, another pattern from Knitting New Mittens.

Like the other pattern I tried from Melanson's book (Jack-in-the-Box), this one is really well written and the yarn (Nashua Handknits Julia) is a perfect match for the project. It's warm and soft and if I'm going to gift these as planned, someone may need to pry them out of my hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blue. wool. lovely! cmr

Rima said...

Wow. Lots of mitt gifts. You must be knitting all day long!