September 11, 2006

Thinking about fall

In Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, Annie Dillard writes about the moment when she feels the season changing--I can't remember now if it's winter to spring or summer to fall. Although I don't think this morning was the moment for us (it's a little early), fall-ish weather seems to have descended on eastern PA, at least for the time being, and in a good way. Ever the fashion-conscious canine, Katie rushed to the winter closet and grabbed this scarf.

Trial preparation update: Kate and I submitted our entry form for the upcoming trial--we signed up for three runs. I figure by the third try, Kate, the most distract-able of dogs, will be focused on the course and not on everything else around.

Final thought: this is, of course, a day with a sad history and legacy. I'm going to try to steer clear of the TV and seek other, quieter, ways of being mindful about past (and current) events.

No comments: